|de | fr | all|
|ProClim- Home | IPCC | WCRP | IGBP | IHDP | OcCC | Energy | SCNAT|
|Experts · Research | News | ProClim- Publications | Events | KlimaPortal|
Alpine Information System - Swiss Pilot Project (1997)
Expanding the ProClim- Database to a System serving User Groups of different needs
The goal of this feasibility study was the design of a non-centralised information system for different user groups based on the ProClim- InfoSystem. The report gives examples on how the information can be accessed over the internet for the different users groups. The following modules are discussed: Projects, Persons and Publications. The report also describes how other mudules such as Programs, Organisations, Commissions, News and Events can be implemented in a similar way.
Conclusions and recommendations
The feasibility study successfully demonstrated, that
- user groups with different topics can manage similar information
- the information can be shared for each group individually over the web
- the overhead for scientists to provide the same information is minimized
- the administrative overhead to actualise identical information is minimized.
- the results of database centered searches in contrast to Yahoo searches is discussed.