|de | fr | all|
||ProClim- Home | IPCC | WCRP | IGBP | IHDP | OcCC | Energy | SCNAT|
|Experts · Research | News | ProClim- Publications | Events | KlimaPortal|
20.04.2001 | Meeting report2nd Swiss Global Change Day - Meeting Report
On 5 April 2001 ProClim- organized the second Swiss Global Change Day in Bern. The aim of this yearly meeting is to provide a platform where the Swiss global change research community can meet as a whole and discuss current problems in a transdisciplinary manner. About 150 participants took the opportunity to hear about new findings and future challenges in the broad field of global environmental change research.
Some of the interesting topics adressed were:
The event was also an opportunity to «recycle» posters that have been shown at international specialist meetings during the last year and to present them to a broad research community. The best two posters in each of the three fields of WCRP (World Climate Research Programme), IGBP(International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme) and IHDP (International Human Di-mensions Programme on Global Environmental Change) were selected by a jury (two members of the national committees of each program). The authors (students or post-docs) of the awarded posters received a travel award of SFr. 1000.- each, which will allow them to attend an international conference in the current year. The following posters were awarded:
WCRP (10 Posters were presented):
- Bettina Jenni, Universität Bern: "Holocene Moisture Changes Related to the Westerlies in Central Chile as Derived from Lake Sediments"
- Sonia Seneviratne, ETH Zürich: "Risks of Summer Dryness in the Midwestern United States"
The awards are sponsored by the CCA(Commission for Atmosphere and Climate of the SANW). IGBP (9 posters):
- Esther Thalmann, Universität Bern: "Comparison of Wet and Occult Deposition to a Forest Ecosystem"
- Adrian Gilli, ETH Zürich: "Lake-Level of Closed Basins as a Proxy for Past Atmospheric Changes – Seismic Stratigraphy of Lago Cardiel, Argentina"
The travel avards are sponsored by the Swiss IGBP Committee.
IHDP (3 posters):
- Hans-Joachim Mosler, Universität Zürich: "Voluntary Collective Action in Neighbourhood Slow-Down – Using Communication and Diffusion Instruments".
Only one award was given this year by the Swiss IHDP Committee of the SAGW.